Always Learning, Always Growing



Who inspires you? What would you to for a chance to learn from them? How would you take that knowledge and grow from it? 
Really - think about those questions. Whatever it is that you "do", or want to do, or wish you could do; I'm sure there's someone out there who "does" it and inspires you. If I can give you any advice, it would be to find them, call them, email them, read about them - do whatever you can to help yourself grow from those who inspire you. 
-----
 Haley Sheffield, of The Photography of Haley Sheffield is one of those people whose work just energizes me to go out and do better and better every day.What I love about Haley's work isn't just her ability to make a pretty picture. Haley merges her mastery of the technical with pure artistry from her creativity. Her images aren't just pretty; her images are artful, moving, and timeless. When my husband and I got engaged in 2010, I knew there was no one else I wanted to capture our wedding day.  Haley's work has been featured on wedding blogs like The Wedding Chicks, 100 Layer Cake, Style Me Pretty & more. 

This spring, to my delight, Haley afforded me an opportunity to shoot along side her in a mentoring weekend.  A weekend full of learning, of questions & answers, of growing and a whole lot of fun. 

To Haley - (the fact that you are reading my blog thrills me!) - thank you so much. Thank you for allowing me the chance to learn from you. Thank you for having a kind, generous heart and (at least for a weekend) a patient teacher's spirit. Thank you for encouraging me to continue this adventure & know that you've had an incredible impact on it. 

To my clients - Taking your picture isn't just a "zoom-click-print" thing for me. Creating fine art images that you can treasure forever is my passion. I will never settle for good enough, I am always moving forward, learning and growing so that I can give you the absolute best I can. 

Without further adieu, please enjoy these images of Kaylee & Bobby's anniversary session, captured during my mentoring with Haley. Prepare yourself for romance!

{to life, love and perpetual learning}
-jbw-











To see more images of Kaylee and Bobby, check out Haley's post by clicking here!

Pin It

1 comments:

Haley Sheffield said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Jazmyn... I can't thank you enough for your sweet words. I'm standing here in [Staples] reading your blogpost and I absolutely cannot help the tears running down my cheeks! It has been a delight to teach you anything I know, to walk with you as you journey through so many of the same ventures I had to go through. I am HONORED to provide you with inspiration.

These images are KILLER. Amazing, amazing, amazing. I think you'll find yourself looking back a year from now, wondering how things could have gotten any better. Your work is incredible... Your clients love you... You will go far--no doubt about it.

So much love for you, girl!

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover