New York, New York



As a photographer one would imagine my home is littered with prints and framed photos. Sometimes I  imagine it that way too however... it isn't. It's not to say that I don't take a lot of photos. I do - often daily.  I have images that I love but they live trapped in 1s and 0s, the bits and bytes of my hard drives.

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but if I did, printing my personal photographs would be one of them.  I work so hard at capturing images for others and making sure that they have tangible photos to love, that I forget that I love them too.

A few weeks ago as my birthday gift, my husband and I went on a trip to New York City with my brother in law and his girlfriend. I'd been before but never with enough time to "do all the things."  This time we did everything. Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Manhattan, Wall Street, Chinatown, Broadway, 5th Avenue. . .the list goes on. I took some photos I really love and am promising myself to have them printed and framed in our house.

These are a few of my favorites from the trip. There's something so freeing yet challenging for me in photographing personal projects. Particularly in creating images without human subjects. I love portraiture but it was fun to do something different. I hope you enjoy them as well.

{to challenging yourself}
-jbw-











The true beauty of New York; these images were taken within a half block of one another!


I think the Brooklyn Bridge is one of my new favorite places.




Pin It

2 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover