Amy & Luke | Elopement



I've had the pleasure of shooting many weddings now. Big weddings, small weddings and everything in between. Until Amy and Luke contacted me though, I had yet to photograph an elopement. 

It was incredible.

Take a wedding and strip it of everything unnecessary. No decorations, no flowers, no food, no fanfare. Simply a bride and a groom. And a ceremony in which they soulfully, whole-heartedly commit to love and serve one another for the rest of their lives; apart from any distraction. 

This was Amy and Luke's day, and they invited me to capture it. I felt honored to be so close to their wedding as it was incredibly intimate - just them and the officiant. Following the ceremony to walk the grounds of the Inn at Meander Plantation to photograph their first moments as husband and wife. 

Luke and Amy and laughers. Throw your head back, close your eyes and laugh from the heart kind of people.  I don't know where life will take them (I pray it's always an easy journey) but I have no doubt regardless of the twists and turns, they'll be able to look back on their story & smile and laugh together. 

That's what joy is about. That's what love and marriage are about. 

That's what Amy and Luke are about. 

{to looking back on your story}
-jbw- 





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover